Tuesday, March 17, 2009

7:16

Despite what the calendar says, this is the vernal equinox where I live. The sun rose at 7:16 and set at 7:16. Tomorrow there will be more daylight than darkness, and the temperature should reach the mid 60's. Birds are singing and the tulips are pushing up. This is the year a new tree in the front yard should make its presence known ( first year sleeping, second year creeping, third year leaping!) and the forsythia is getting red-tipped, which is what it does just before leafing.

Ahh. Spring is here at last. We may have a blast of cold, and I still have to bundle up for the 5:00 am dog walks, but spring is definitely here.

Hurray!

1 comment:

I Drink and I Know Things... said...

We're nowhere close to tulips yet, but I'm looking at my garden with something like hope. It's a start!